Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Aginor was one of the Forsaken, channelers from the Age of Legends who went over to the Shadow. Aginor was bound with the other Forsaken when the Bore was sealed and was trapped for an Age. Aginor was bound near the surface and so he experienced the passing of time. When he was released, Aginor followed Rand al'Thor to the Eye of the World with Balthamel. They followed the evil from Mat's ruby dagger (TEotW, Ch. 50). It was at the Eye that Aginor died (TEotW, Ch. 51).
In the Age of Legends, Aginor was a famous biologist and went by the name of Ishar Morrad Chuain. Ishar apparently understood "the most basic structures of living things". His specialised field was creating new variations of plants. He was, however, disciplined several times for attempting to do the same with animals (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 5). His research abilities transferred to the True Power and he had a better understanding of this than most (ToM, Prologue).
Ishar went over to the Shadow so that he could continue his experiments without the restrictions placed on him by the Hall of Servants (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 5). Aginor was responsible for creating Shadowspawn such as the Trollocs, and therefore the Myrddraal (LoC, Prologue). He was also responsible for gholam, Draghkar, Darkhounds, Jumara, and Cafar (LoC, Ch. 23; TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 7). Another one of his creations was the zomaran, human-like servants who obeyed every command (KoD, Ch. 3). Aginor took on average ten thousand people a day during the War of the Shadow for his experiments and to feed his new creations (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 5). Aginor was never a governor, nor did he hold a field command (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 5).
- Age of Legends: Aginor is a scientist (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 5).
- The Collapse: Aginor goes over to the Shadow (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 5).
- The War of the Shadow: Aginor is bound by Lews Therin Telamon and his Companions (TEotW, Ch. 50).
- 998NE: Aginor is freed from his prison and follows Rand to the Eye of the World (TEotW, Ch. 50).
- 998NE: Aginor is killed by drawing too much of the Power into himself (TEotW, Ch. 50)
- 1000NE: Aginor is reincarnated as Osan'gar (LoC, Prologue).
- Aginor was believed to be the second strongest of the male Forsaken and was close in strength to Lews Therin (TEotW, Ch. 52).
- Aginor hated being ordinary (LoC, Prologue).
- Aginor was proud of the Trollocs, but the Myrddraal made him uneasy (LoC, Prologue). Even he could not discover how they moved between shadows (LoC, Ch. 6).
- Aginor turned to the Shadow during the first thirty years of the Collapse (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 5).
- Aginor faced Lews Therin in the Hall of Servants (TEotW, Ch. 51).
- When Aginor was freed, the passing of time was obvious. His skin was stretched tight across his skull and most of his hair was missing. Aginor's eyes were sunken and his ears withered (TEotW, Ch. 50).
"Some of us are bound no longer. The seals weaken, Aes Sedai. Like Ishamael, we walk the world again, and the rest of us will come. I was too close to this world in my captivity, I and Balthamel, too close to the grinding of the wheel, but soon the Great Lord of the Dark will be free, and give us new flesh, and the world will be ours once more." (Aginor; The Eye of the World, Chapter 50).
"Why should I share power with you? Why should I bend knee to you? I, who faced Lews Therin Telamon in the Hall of the Servants itself. I, who threw might against the Lord of the Morning and met him stroke for stroke." (Aginor to Rand al'Thor; The Eye of the World, Chapter 51).