A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
When it came to choosing a new Gray Sitter after the split, few thought that Andaya would be given a chair. Most of the Grays believed that she would gain the chair in forty or fifty years; Andaya was not really old enough to be considered for the Hall. However, to the surprise of the Grays, Serancha handpicked her without the customary discussion and ballot of the Ajah (CoT, Prologue).
Andaya has light brown hair. She is not particularly slim nor particularly small (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- Andaya becomes a Sitter for the Gray Ajah (CoT, Prologue).
- Elaida orders Andaya and several other sisters to make an effort to find out where Rand is (TFoH, Prologue).
- Andaya meets with Elaida and five other Sitters (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- Andaya informs Elaida that the Gray Ajah supports the negotiations with the Salidar Aes Sedai and that she wants to lead the negotiations (TPoD, Ch. 21).
- Andaya summons Egwene to be the newAmyrlin Seat. She tells the rebels that Elaida was taken by the Seanchan (TGS, Ch. 45).
- Along with all the other Sitters, she stands for Egwene to be raised (TGS, Ch. 46).
- Andaya keeps her seat after re-unification, presumably at the expense of Evanellein. She attends a meeting Romanda calls but does not stand for Egwene's proposal about how to run the war. She does stand for the proposal to give the Amyrlin and all Sitters time to attend any meeting of the Hall (ToM, Ch. 27).
Andaya looks timid (TFoH, Prologue).
Andaya reminds Elaida of a sparrow (TPoD, Ch. 25).
Andaya has a well-earned reputation of a good negotiator (TPoD, Ch. 25).
Andaya has worn the shawl for less than seventy years (CoT, Ch. 18).
Andaya is often diffident around Elaida (CoT, Ch. 21).
"Idle speculation, it wastes precious time. The world hangs by a thread, and myself, I do not wish to fritter away valuable hours prattling about supposed logic or chattering over what every fool novice knows." (Andaya to other Sitters; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 25).
"Everyone had been sure Andaya would go into the Hall one day, perhaps in another forty or fifty years, yet Serancha had all but anointed her, when the customary method was discussion until a consensus could be reached on two or three candidates, then a secret ballot." (Yukiri about Andaya; Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue).
"Andaya Forae was raised for the Gray, Rina Hafden for the Green, and Juilaine Madome for the Brown. None has worn the shawl for more than seventy years at most. Elaida has the same problem we do, Mother." (Siuan to Egwene; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 18).