A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Kyyri Moran
Areina is a woman from Ghealdan who went to Illian to look for her brother, Gwil, after he responded to the calling of the Hunt for the Horn, but ended up taking the Hunter for the Horn's oath herself (TFoH, Ch. 49). She has steady, blue eyes; she wears a short coat and voluminous pants and wears her hair in a braid.
- She meets Nynaeve, Elayne, and Birgitte on the boat the Riverserpent. She doesn't get off with the rest of the refugees at Boannda, but she gets off with them in Salidar with Nicola, Marigan, and her two children (TFoH, Ch. 49).
- She is pulled with Nicola to be tested to see if they can channel. Min tells Elayne and Nynaeve that she is trouble (TFoH, Ch. 50).
- Nynaeve meets with Birgitte, who is hanging out with Areina. Areina seems overprotective of Birgitte (LoC, Ch. 12).
- Areina, Nicola, and an unidentified novice are sweeping the waiting room of the Little Tower. Areina is not pleased about being made to do chores (LoC, Ch. 29).
- Areina and Birgitte run into Elayne. Areina is not happy because she will not be going to Ebou Dar with them (LoC, Ch. 40).
- Nicola and Areina meet with Egwene and try to blackmail her into letting Nicola go ahead of her normal training. She knows that Elayne, Egwene, and Nynaeve were pretending to be Aes Sedai (ACoS, Ch. 9).
- Areina and Nicola are with Myrelle and Nisao, who are helping Lan after the death of Moiraine. They are blackmailing them as well into letting Nicola have extra training because no one else knows that Lan was there (ACoS, Ch. 12).
- Areina watches Nicola make cuendillar objects. When Nicola is told to leave, Areina goes with her. Tiana tells Egwene that Areina is always with Nicola when Nicola has the Foretelling, and Areina helps her interpret it. She also tells Egwene that they are trouble (CoT, Ch. 17),
- Egwene learns that Nicola has run away and assumes that Areina went with her. Egwene thinks that Areina probably stole horses for them (CoT, Ch. 30).
- Areina and Nicola head for the White Tower, because they think the Aes Sedai there will let Nicola learn faster (KoD, Prologue). Once there, Areina starts working in the stables (KoD, Ch. 24).
- Nicola and Areina spread tales about Egwene among the novices, making her seem like a "combination of every legendary sister in the histories, along with Birgitte Silverbow and Amaresu herself" (KoD, Ch. 24).
Areina hung out with Birgitte a lot. She did like Nynaeve, but now does not after learning that she was not a full Aes Sedai when they met (LoC, Ch. 12).
- Areina has been run out of a few towns because of her free tongue (TFoH, Ch. 49).
- She started practicing with the bow because of her fascination with Birgitte (ACoS, Ch. 9).
"Those three you brought with you are trouble, and that is a viewing." (Min to Elayne, talking about Areina, Nicola and Marigan; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 50)
"To Egwene's surprise, a woman she had not seen, dressed in a short brown coat and wide trousers, jumped up from where she had been sitting on the ground-cloth beyond the tables. Scowling blue-eyed daggers at everyone in sight, Areina ran out of the tent after Nicola, the two women mirror images of disgruntlement and discontent. Seeing the pair of them together made Egwene uneasy." (Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 17)