Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Joslyn Aybara is a woman from the Two Rivers. She is married to Con Aybara, and their children are Perrin, Adora, Deselle and Paet. The Aybara family lives on a farm near Emond's Field (TEotW, Ravens Prologue; TSR, Ch. 29).
She is a pretty woman, with a smile to rival the sun (TEotW, Ravens Prologue).
- Egwene sees Joslyn and Con Aybara speaking to Haral Luhhan, and wonders what they are talking about. They are speaking of Perrin becoming Haral’s apprentice (TEotW, Ravens Prologue).
- When Padan Fain is at the Aybara farm, Joslyn calls him a “filthy minded little fool” for calling Perrin a Darkfriend. He kills Perrin’s entire family (TSR, Ch. 31).
- Joslyn and the rest of the Aybara’s are buried beneath the apple trees on the Aybara farm (TSR, Ch. 29).
- Perrin visits the graves of his family (TSR, Ch. 40).
- Joslyn used to frighten Perrin with stories of men channeling (TGH, Ch. 11).
- She liked apple blossoms (TSR, Ch. 29).
- As Perrin cries out his grief over the death of his family, many memories play through his mind, including one of his mother singing as she spun wool (TSR, Ch. 30).
- Verin tells Perrin that if there was anything she and Alanna could have done to save his family, they would have done it (TSR, Ch. 31).
- Padan Fain thinks to himself that he should have restrained himself at the Aybara farm (TSR, TSR, Ch. 31).
- As Perrin fights Trollocs, he thinks of Adora and Deselle, and yells “My mother! Burn you! My mother!” (TSR, Ch. 40).
“Mistress Aybara smiled fondly. Joslyn Aybara was a pretty woman, and when she smiled, it seemed the sun might bide its head in defeat.” (Egwene; The Eye of the World, Ravens Prologue).
“He should have restrained himself at the Aybara farm, but Con Aybara had laughed in his face, and Joslyn had called him a filthy-minded little fool for naming her son Darkfriend. Well, they had learned, screaming, burning.” (Padan Fain; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 31).