Robert Jordan Memorial
Directly after this event, members of our community immediately started exchanging contact information, to come together and support each other in the face of this sad news.
Our site saw a surge in membership. The site set up a special forum where people could post about RJ and how he and the books had affect their lives. We also hosted a Memorial Chat where people were invited to share memories and a toast in honor of RJ.
What follows are some of the thoughts and memories our members wanted to share in regards to the life and career to this great man.
- A report of his funeral
- by Eleyan Sedai, founder, then Amyrlin Seat and CEO of TarValon.Net
How the Wheel of Time impacted our lives
- How Wheel of Time Affected My Life
- Members tell of the impact the series had on their lives and personal relationships
- How Did the Wheel of Time Make Us Happy
- Members tell of the ways in which the books brought them joy.
- How Did We Hear?
- Members tell of how they first heard the news of Robert Jordan's death
- How We Reacted
- Members tell of their responses upon hearing the news
- Our Memories of Robert Jordan
- Members tell of their meetings with him, or of their regret at never meeting him
- How We Read Robert Jordan
- Members tell of how and where they would read the series
- Will the series be finished?
- How our members reacted to the news that the series will be finished
Poetry to commemorate his life
Links to images of bookstore displays