Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Seandar is the biggest city, and Imperial capital, of Seanchan. It is located in the northeast of the continent at the mouth of two rivers and the foot of a mountain range. Both the Court of the Nine Moons, where the Empress rules from the Crystal Throne, and the Tower of Ravens, where law-breakers are executed, can be found there (TWoRJTWoT; TGH, Ch. 34).
Seandar is a safe city. Suroth assures Tuon that the streets in Ebou Dar are as safe as in Seandar (WH, Ch. 17). Suroth later thinks that Tarabon is as secure as Seandar (KoD, Prologue). Tylee refers to the region around Almizar as being as stable as Seandar (KoD, Ch. 12).
- Turak tells Fain that in Seandar, his like would be given to the Seekers for Truth for a shift of the eye or a misspoken word, but Fain only thinks that it would be "a place where his plans and skills would find fertile soil" (TGH, Ch. 34).
- Once, Kennar Miraj rode fifty miles in a single night with three arrows in him to bring word of a rebel army marching on Seandar (TPoD, Ch. 24).
- After the death of the Imperial family, Seandar is in the hands of rioters and looters and there is war all over the continent (KoD, Prologue).
- Egeanin thinks her knowledge of the Imperial Court is "little better than that of a street urchin in Seandar" (KoD, Ch. 9).
- "We will meet in Seandar someday" is a polite farewell (KoD, Ch. 34).
- The height of fashion in Seandar means the height of fashion for the Empire (KoD, Epilogue).