Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
- When Rand orders the taxes to be lowered, Simaan and the other High Lords try to talk against it at first, but they cannot oppose the Dragon Reborn (TSR, Ch. 8).
- Rand sends six High Lords with the Tairen army to Cairhien to restore order and feed the hungry, Simaan among them (TSR, Ch. 21).
- In the morning after the battle against the Shaido, Simaan is among the High Lords who want to speak to Rand (TFoH, Ch. 45).
- After Rand arrives at the Sun Palace, he is one of the High Lords to swear fealty to him. Before that, however, Simaan and Maraconn appear the most worried and Rand ignores them after a flat look (TFoH, Ch. 46).
- When Rand is meeting the Tairen and Cairhienin nobles, Weiramon tells him that Simaan has gone to Haddon Mirk to join the rebellion against the Dragon Reborn. Rand tells the nobles present that the rebels' titles are forfeited, their lands confiscated and arrest warrants are to be signed; anyone who kills them won't be charged with murder (LoC, Ch. 4).
- Simaan and the other Tairens arrive in Cairhien to join the rebels there; they feast and drink as if celebrating something (ACoS, Ch. 3).
- Rand asks himself what emboldened the rebels to move, what they intend and how he can stop or use them (ACoS, Ch. 7).
- Although not mentioned by name, he must have been present when Rand and Min enter the rebels' camp and the bubble of evil strikes (ACoS, Ch. 35).
- When Rand chooses the High Lord Darlin as his Steward in Tear, the rebels do not come to support him (WH, Ch. 25). Instead, they besiege the Stone (CoT, Ch. 12).
- Merana Ambrey approaches the rebels to talk them out of the siege on the Stone of Tear (CoT, Ch. 18).
- Simaan and Hearne are afraid the other High Lords may return from Illian and trap them in the city. Out of all the choices they have, they are most inclined to accept Darlin (CoT, Ch. 23).
- Merana and Rafela settle an agreement with the besiegers that sees their titles and lands restored and Darlin placed on the throne of Tear. Simaan and Tedosian waver at first, because the Seanchan promised them gold, but when Estanda asks for their titles and lands to be restored, they support her. As long as he regains his privileges, Simaan agrees to paying for the damage he caused and swearing fealty to Darlin once he is crowned King of Tear (KoD, Ch. 21).
Simaan is one of the most dangerous High Lords to plot against Rand, but he does not trust the other High Lords enough to ally with them against Rand (TSR, Ch. 21). Aside from him, six others wanted to see Rand dead in Tear (TFoH, Ch. 45). Outwardly, Simaan was always bowing and smiling, but Rand knew it was false and that he was plotting behind his back. This is why it does not surprise Rand much when the High Lord rebels against him (LoC, Ch. 4).