Author: Toral Delvar
Hearne is one of the High Lords of Tear. He conspired against Rand and was sent to Cairhien to help distribute grain (TSR, Ch. 21). He fled to join Darlin's rebellion (LoC, Ch. 4) but eventually accepted him as king (KoD, Ch. 21). He has a narrow face and a habit of tugging his ear when furious (TFoH, Ch. 46).
- He is in Cairhien when Rand enters the city. Rand gives him a smile warm enough for a close companion (TSR, Ch. 46).
- He goes to join the rebellion in Haddon Mirk. Rand strips him and the others of their titles and property but says that any who surrender will be spared (LoC, Ch. 4).
- The Tairen rebels with Darlin join Toram Riatin and Caraline Damodred outside Cairhien (ACoS, Ch. 3).
- Although not mentioned by name, he is presumably in the camp when Rand and Min visit (ACoS, Ch. 35).
- Rand sends Rafela, Merana, Bera, Kiruna and Verin to negotiate with the rebels. He thinks that they were the five that Min said he could trust, though in fact, Faeldrin was one of these, not Kiruna (WH, Ch. 25).
- The rebels besiege the Stone (CoT, Ch. 12).
- Hearne and Simaan grow desperate and worried that the other High Lords will return from Illian and trap them in the city. Verin believes they might be willing to accept Darlin (CoT, Ch. 23).
- Hearne and the others reach an agreement with Bera to end their rebellion providing that their lands and titles are restored and Darlin is named King (KoD, Ch. 21).
“We reached agreement. Tesodian and Simaan were wavering as usual, but Hearne was nearly as adamant as Estanda” (Bera; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 21).