Hu Marwin is a young man from the Two Rivers in Andor, between Emond's Field and Watch Hill. He accompanied Perrin when they went to rescue the Luhhans and Cauthons after Perrin talked his family into moving to Emond's Field for safety. He is a skilled tracker (TSR, Ch. 33).
- He joins Perrin when he goes to free the Cauthons and Luhhans (TSR, Ch. 33).
- After they have been rescued, he goes with them to the old sickhouse and so misses the ambush (TSR, Ch. 33).
- He takes part in the final defence of Emond's Field when the Trollocs attack (TSR, Ch. 56).
- Although not mentioned at the time, he follows Perrin to Caemlyn and then to Dumai's Wells (LoC, Prologue; Ch. 54).
- He accompanies Perrin to Ghealdan (WH, Ch. 1).