Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Selucia was trained from birth to be Tuon's nursery maid and bodyguard, though nobody knew about the latter. After twenty-five years of training, Selucia's mother gave Selucia to Tuon as a cradle-gift. She cared for and watched over Tuon for the first sixteen years of her life. On Tuon's sixteenth naming day, Selucia was given gifts for her service. She was given an estate and one hundred golden thrones for every time that she had to punish Tuon. She was given the chance to name the position she next wished to serve in and Selucia asked to become Tuon's dresser and chief maid. This was granted and she remained Tuon's silent shadow (WH, Ch. 14).
Selucia accompanied Tuon when she sailed to the Westlands. They visited Tanchico and then sailed to Ebou Dar (WH, Ch. 14). She kept a very watchful eye on Tuon when they stayed in the Tarasin Palace (WH, Ch. 18). When Mat kidnapped Tuon, Selucia begged to be taken with her. She swore that she would obey Mat as long as he didn't harm Tuon (WH, Ch. 31). Selucia shares a caravan with Tuon and Setalle Anan when they travel with Valan Luca's Circus (CoT, Ch. 3).
Selucia has golden hair; as one of Tuon's so'jhin she shaved the left side of her head and wore the remaining hair braided (WH, Ch. 14). She had to shave the rest of her hair off when she left Ebou Dar, which she was very upset about (CoT, Ch. 3). Selucia has blue eyes, cream-coloured skin and an impressive bosom. She is short but is still taller than Tuon (WH, Ch. 14). She is plump (WH, Ch. 31). Selucia is beautiful and has a commanding presence (WH, Ch. 14).
- C. 955: Selucia is born (WH, Ch. 14).
- 980 NE: Selucia becomes Tuon's nursery maid and secret bodyguard (WH, Ch. 14).
- 996 NE: Selucia asks to remain with Tuon as her dresser (WH, Ch. 14).
- 1000 NE: Selucia begs to be allowed to leave the Tarasin Palace with Mat when he kidnaps Tuon (WH, Ch. 31).
- 1000 NE: Tuon and Selucia humiliate Egeanin and strip her of her title and status as one of the Blood (CoT, Ch. 28).
- 1000 NE: Selucia follows Tuon when she walks through Valan Luca's circus with Mat (CoT, Ch. 28).
- 1000 NE: Selucia accompanies Tuon when Mat takes her to Jurador to buy fabric for clothes (CoT, Ch. 29).
- 1000 NE: Selucia leaves with Tuon (KoD, Ch. 36).
- 1000 NE: Tuon names Selucia as her Truthspeaker (TGS, Ch. 19).
- 1000 NE: Selucia questions Beslan until Tuon interupts. After Tuon has spoken to Galgan, Selucia resumes her role (TGS, Ch. 19).
- 1000 NE: After seeing the Trolloc head, she wonders if they discounted too much of what Mat says (TGS, Ch. 19).
- 1000 NE: At the meeting with Rand, Rand recognises her as a bodyguard (TGS, Ch. 35).
- Selucia is present when Tuon is shown that they have learned to channel by a damane. She talks to those present for Tuon as Tuon makes signs to her. She asks Galgan what he will do with such a power for Tuon (ToM, Ch. 47).
- 1000 NE: She spends time in Tuon's rooms to act as a decoy and is there when Mat arrives (AMoL, Ch. 15)
- 1000 NE: Mat realizes she is a bodyguard. She tells him how to find Tuon (AMoL, Ch. 15)
- 1000 NE: When Rand visits, Selucia speaks to him on Tuon's behalf (AMoL, Ch. 17)
- 1000 NE: She believes Beslan is becoming an asset (AMoL, Ch. 24)
- 1000 NE: She is wounded in the attack on the Seanchan headquarters (AMoL, Ch. 37).
- 1000 NE: She survives the Last Battle (AMoL, Epilogue)
Tuon feels more affection for Selucia than she does for her own mother. She was delighted when Selucia asked to become her dresser (WH, Ch. 14).
In private, Selucia has the right to speak freely with Tuon (WH, Ch. 14).
Tuon has only ever had to punish Selucia twice (WH, Ch. 14).
Selucia claims that Ebou Dari dresses are indecent (CoT, Ch. 3).
"Anyone might have taken her for one of the Blood, and of high rank, rather than so'jhin, if the left side of her head had not been shaved. A notion that would have shocked the woman to the quick, expressed aloud. The very idea of any stepping above her appointed station horrified Selucia." (Tuon about Selucia; Winter's Heart, Chapter 14).
"I will obey you, so long as you do not harm my mistress. If you do, I will kill you." (Selucia to Mat; Winter's Heart, Chapter 31).
"Selucia is her so'jhin. No one of the low Blood would dare meet her so'jhin's eyes, and maybe not the High Blood, either." (Egeanin to Mat about Selucia and Tuon; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 28).