Author: Estyrien al'Halien
The full name was not recorded in the main series, but was given in the Wheel of Time Companion. Other information about the character is also included in the Companion, but we did not use it in the TarValon.Net Library.
Shevan is very tall and thin. She has an angular face, a long chin, and has a cap of curls. She has spidery fingers (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- 999/1000 NE: Elaida forces Shevan to serve several days of labor as penance (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- 1000 NE: Shevan meets with Elaida and several other Sitters to discuss important matters (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- 1000 NE: Shevan meets with Elaida and other Sitters to discuss the negotiations with the rebels (CoT, Ch. 21).
- 1000 NE: Shevan is at the dinner of Sitters that Elaida calls to try and demonstrate her authority over Egwene. Elaida insults her and the Browns (TGS, Ch. 16).
- 1000NE: After the Tower is reunified, Shevan steps down as a Sitter to allow Janya and Takima to retake their places (ToM, Ch. 27).
- 1000NE: Shevan is killed when Mesaana and the Black Ajah stage an attack on the Tower in Tel'aran'rhiod
- Shevan can be very dry at times (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- Despite the trend of too young Sitters, Shevan is old enough to hold a chair and was very likely to go into the Hall even before the split (CoT, Prologue).
- Shevan supports the negotiations with the rebels (CoT, Ch. 21).
"I'm uncomfortable saying what can and can't be. For example, not long gone, everyone 'knew' only a shield woven by a sister could stop a woman channeling. Then comes along a simple herb, forkroot, and anyone at all can feed you a tea that leaves you unable as a stone to channel for hours." (The Path of Daggers, Chapter 25)
"The Brown is quite clear on the historical precedents. You have all read the secret histories, or should have. Whenever the Tower has been divided against itself, disaster has struck the world. With the Last Battle looming, in a world that contains the Black Tower, we can no longer afford to remain divided a day longer than need be." (Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 21)